100 Things Before I Kick the Bucket, 76-100:
Kick some Tae-Bo ass. Sort of, anyway. I got pretty good at the beginner/intermediary stuff, and still do it semi-regularly.
77) Buy and (regularly) use a French press.
78) Start biking again.
Find a job I like and will stick with. ChaCha! The new pay system royally blows, but I still like and am sticking with the job.
80) Undertake and complete an ambitious craft project.
81) Spend some serious time in the water, via a summer-long swimfest or months-long water aerobics class or… something.
82) Calculate pi to, say, 1000 digits. (I know it’s been done. I just want to do it myself.)
83) Play around in a Foley studio.
84) Get my hands on a copy of Dance Dance Revolution and play it until my heart explodes or I master every round, whichever comes first.
… While continuing to shun Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Yep, still shunning.
86) Participate in the creation of performance art that makes sense and is aesthetically appealing.
87) Submit a compilation of the lists I scatter around to poetry journals; see how long it takes to receive an acceptance letter.
88) Learn every word in the dictionary. (Hey, dream big, right?)
Make pumpkin ravioli and autumn pork roast and sit down for a big Halloween/Samhain feast. The pumpkin ravioli became squash ravioli, but otherwise: Win.
90) Grow my own perslane and lemon grass for year-round nibbling.
91) Spend two or three days at a big amusement park with Connor and Michael. We will be doing this next year, for Connor’s 5th birthday.
Finish this damn list. Obviously.
Dye my hair a funky color. (Again.) I dyed it blue a few weeks ago. Results were kind of lame, but I did it.
Use my new vacuum thoroughly, enthusiastically, and often. Many times per week! Sometimes even daily!
95) Spend Connor’s first day of school getting a manicure, a pedicure, a haircut, and slightly drunk.
Continue to expand my shoe collection; embrace the abrupt change from “that girl who always wears the same pair of flip-flops” to “that girl who often wears heels and owns cute ballet flats.” You betcha. I even paid more than $40 for a gorgeous pair of brown-and-gold Mary Jane heels!
Burn candles more often. Thank you, ridiculously expensive Febreze candles.
99) Rebuild my wizard figurine collection.
100) Get braces; have gap- and crossbite-free teeth; smile widely and regularly.
I can’t believe none of you are participating. See if I ever offer to share my
thousands hundreds dozens tens of readers with you again. (But if you participate late, I could probably scrape up some love.)