Alternate title: It’s Saturday In My Head.
100 Things Before I Kick the Bucket, 51-75:
51) Get completely out of debt.
52) Wear a big, statement-making hat somewhere very cool.
53) Get the rest of my tattoos .
54) Build and enjoy a real home theater — big-ass TV, super awesome surround sound, etc.
55) Take a photography class; have some idea what I’m doing with a camera.
56) Learn to tango.
57) Make bouillabaisse.
58) Visit at least four areas of each continent. (I almost said “countries,” but… Antarctica.)
59) Enter a sandcastle competition.
Take Connor to visit my great-grandmother & grandmother. My great-grandmother has since passed away, but we had a nice visit with my grandmother a few weeks ago.
61) Make my own candles.
62) Start collecting Superman comics on a reasonable scale.
63) Have an art room where one wall is a photo collage, one is butcher paper for murals, one is a chalkboard, etc.
64) Watch Julian Beever do his thing.
65) Learn to hybridize plants; grow a peach/apple tree (or similar).
66) Attend Connor’s highschool and (I hope) college graduations.
67) Spend five years tithing all my income to various worthy causes.
68) Build a retreat for troubled and/or homeless teens and young adults.
Win a contest that doesn’t involve skill. I totally won a paper shredder on the radio. Go me.
70) Start and run a school for small children modeled after old Dutch folk schools and Quaker schools.
71) Compile a cookbook filled with nothing but recipes for grilled cheese sandwiches and fancy breads.
72) “Run” a mountain marathon.
73) Become more active in politics (as opposed to just reading and voting).
Convince my local deli that yes, “cheddar” is really spelled with an A and that there is, in fact, no such word as “chedder.” Total, unqualified success. When I was under consideration for a deli job, I mentioned the misspelling — and they actually changed it.
75) Convince the entire world that quote marks are not called “quotation marks” and are not to be used for emphasis.
As always, let me know if you’re participating and I’ll gratify you with a link.